Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera Plant And Juice For Hair & Face. Medicinal Uses & Side Effects
Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera Plant And Juice For Hair & Face. Medicinal Uses & Side Effects
If you are Nigerian, then you might be familiar with the Aloe Vera plant. The thick, green, plant with prickly stems and the clear gel liquid found inside it. Aloe Vera is a succulent plant from the species of the Genius Aloe. It is originated from Arabian Peninsula but it grows wild in tropical climates all around the world. It is a perennial plant, and also grows very well in Nigeria.
Cultivation Of Aloe Vera
Due to its perennial nature, Aloe Vera thrives very well in most sandy soil types and survives in areas of low, natural rainfall. It can be planted either directly on normal soil, or in soil-filled pots. In pots however, it requires well drained, sandy potting soil and bright, sunny conditions. Too much sun can burn the plant and during harsh winter, it is best kept indoors also. After all, moderation is always pertinent.
How To Cultivate And Grow The Aloe Vera Plant
If you are a total novice when it comes to Aloe Vera and you are probably hearing about Aloe Vera for the first time, I will give you a guide on how to grow Aloe Vera single handedly. You do not even need an agriculturist, if you do have one, then that?s fine, but if not, you can do it yourself.
-To propagate a new Aloe Vera plant, wait until a mature one has produced a pup. Pups are usually smaller and lighter colored than the matured plant. Then use a sharp knife to cut it out.
-Prepare the soil. It needs a sandy soil to thrive well in. It is better at this stage to use a pot for it. So fill your pot with suitable soil. Make sure your pot has holes to allow drainage of water to prevent rotting of the plant.
-Allow the young leaves for some days before planting. Plant the leaf?s root deeply in the soil, but be careful not to let the leaves touch the soil. Do not water for the first few days after planting, but give proper sunlight about 8-10 hours a day.
Clear weeds carefully and often.
If the leaves look brownish, reduce the amount of sunlight.
If the leaves start turning yellow, reduce the frequency of watering
If the leaves look thin, increase the amount of watering.
You may already know how important the Aloe Vera Plant is. It is in fact one of nature?s gifts to man. Here are some uses of the plant;
Medicinal Uses & Health Benefits OF Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe Vera has both beauty and medicinal uses;
- Removes the sting from insect bites.
- Eliminates Eczema and some other skin diseases.
- Alleviates Asthma.
- Reduces cholesterol for a healthy heart.
- Treats minor vaginal infections.
- Speed up hair growth by massaging Aloe Vera in your hair, leaving in for some time, then washing off.
- Removes makeup effectively.
- For a softer skin, add aloe Vera to your bath routine.
- Applying Aloe Vera to your face can remove signs of aging like wrinkles.
- Having heart burn? Aloe Vera Juice + Honey = Relief.
- Natural treatment for pile.
- Natural treatment for Herpes.
- Stretch marks? Constantly apply aloe Vera for changes.
- Its high Vitamin C content helps in mouthwash solutions.
If you have a problem with your skin, hair or face, I have written down some ways which Aloe Vera can help get rid of or reduce those problems;
Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera For The Skin
Are you tired of rough and unclear skin? Do you desire a skin that glows? You may have applied all skin help creams available, why not drop all of that and try something natural this time.
How To Apply Aloe Vera
If you ever took note, despite its slimy nature, aloe Vera has a very high cooling and soothing effect when applied on the skin, you should try it.
-To get rid of disturbing Acne; Aloe Vera gel + blended walnuts + honey
-To give your skin a treat; Aloe Vera gel + Two tablespoons of lemon juice + a cup of sugar
-To get rid of dry skin; Aloe Vera + A teaspoon of milk + A teaspoon of honey + few drops of rose water, all blended.
-To get rid of dull skin; 1 teaspoon of aloe Vera + 2 teaspoons of mashed pawpaw + 1 teaspoon full fat milk.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Hair
For healthier growing hair, or to stop loss of hair, try doing this;
Use the aloe Vera gel like a leave in conditioner, massage the scalp with it and rinse of after about 30 minutes. This also helps to get rid of dandruffs.
-Anti hair loss;
Due to the presence of the proteolytic enzymes in Aloe Vera, it helps in repairing dead cells on the scalp.
-Aloe Vera juice + Virgin Coconut oil, apply and leave in for some time, then rinse it off.
-Two teaspoons of aloe Vera gel + 1 mashed avocado + 1 egg + 2 teaspoons of honey, cover with a cap and leave in for a minimum of an hour, then rinse off.
Benefits Of Aloe Vera For The Face
Exfoliation of the skin on the face is very important. The face is more susceptible to dirt and germs due to everyday exposure to harsh environments. Therefore, without proper care of the face, we store up these germs and end up with spotted skins, acnes, black heads, white heads and dark spots. All of these can be removed, and it is quite cheap also. Once again, aloe Vera to the rescue!
To exfoliate the skin on your face; Baking soda + Aloe Vera, rub gently on the face, then rinse off with water.
You can also create an inexpensive aloe Vera face toner by mixing 2/3 cup of water with 1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel, then put it in a clean airtight bottle and refrigerate. Viola! Now you have a toner that you could always apply on your face.
?With the above listed uses of aloe Vera, I m sure you have found a reason to get that aloe Vera plant closer to you. However, there are some of these uses that need the Aloe Vera Juice, and not just the raw gel, especially for your consumption. So, let?s learn how to make the juice from the gel, shall we?
How To Make Aloe Vera Juice
To make the juice from the gel, you need to cut out a leaf from the plant.
We don?t want dirt and germs in our drink, so be sure to wash the leaf properly and then allow to dry.
When dried, cut open a part of the leaf and use a spoon to scoop the gel into a bowl.
Place the gel in a blender, add a little water and then blend.
You can store blended juice in a plastic container and refrigerate.
Add about two spoons in a glass of water and your Aloe Vera Juice is ready. You can also add it in your natural fruit juice to give it more flavor
There are so many things you can use the juice for, some of which I listed above so you might want to make a reasonable quantity of it.
Benefits Of Drinking Aloe Vera Juice First Thing In The Morning
Let me show you the wonders that taking Aloe Vera juice first thing every morning does for you:
Studies have shown that the first 20 minutes of your day can set you up for success. This is why we are advised to start each day with good plans and not depressing thoughts because how you begin your day can largely determine how the rest of the day goes for you. Take 20 ml of the juice in a glass of water on an empty stomach. Adding the Aloe Vera Juice to your morning routine would not be a bad idea at all. Here is why;
- Remember the carbohydrates you loaded into your system very late last night? Chances are they are still undigested. Taking a glass of Aloe Vera in the morning will help fight general digestive disorders. The high alkalinity of Aloe Vera will reduce the high acidic contents in your body. It also clears constipation.
- Aloe Vera juice has contents that will flush out toxins from the body.
- Do you want your skin to glow throughout the day? There is this natural glow that comes with drinking aloe Vera juice first thing every morning. Its? anti aging effects also gives your skin the radiance it needs.
- Imagine your heart being treated to a full glass of anti-bacterial drink every morning! Aloe Vera juice cleanses the blood of impurities and reduces the level of cholesterol.
- Aloe Vera has a lot of essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. What a way to start your day!
- To have a healthy appetite throughout the day, try Aloe Vera juice, it also helps in weight check.
- Having menstrual cramps or irregular periods? Try aloe Vera juice.
Note that due to the fact that it is a laxative, Aloe Vera juice not recommended for pregnant women. Consult your doctor first.
Remember that all things should be done moderately, therefore you should not overdose on the juice.
How much aloe Vera To Take Daily;
The amount of aloe Vera to take daily depends largely on your purpose for taking the aloe Vera.? It also depends on the size of the person taking it. For instance, the normal rate from studies is about 2-3 glasses a day. But a child should take half of this.
For health boost, take up to2- 8 ounces per daily of naturally made juice.
Side Effects Of Aloe Vera Juice And Gel
- Prolonged use of the juice can cause allergies and have also been known to cause skin reactions for some skin types.
- In diabetic patients, the laxative effects of aloe Vera can increase the chances of dehydration imbalance.
- In some cases it can cause Diarrhea.
- Lower blood sugar level; this is both good news and bad news.
- In abraded skin, the gel may cause burning sensations, redness or even itching.
- Pregnant women should avoid Aloe Vera, as cases of contractions and therefore complicated childbirth have been reported, and even in some cases abortion .
With this broad knowledge of Aloe Vera, you definitely agree with me that nature gave us quite a gift there. Aloe Vera gels can also be purchased at the stores, some of which were naturally prepared also to save you the stress. But I also try the planting process yourself and save money and also always have an aloe Vera around. You never know when it will come in handy.