Natural Home Remedies For Removing Acne Scrs & Pimples Dark Spots
Acne scars refer to the marks left on the skin after an acne wound heals. These marks are often elevated spots on the skin and can be more irritating than the acnes. Acne is caused by an inflammation of the pores of the skin due to excess sebum production.
Acne scars can gradually fade away on their own without any treatment. However, it is more often for the scars to remain unless they are treated.
While it is common for most persons to resort to the use of OTC (over-the-counter) medications to get rid of acne scars, these products often leave toxins on the skin due to their chemical nature.
Natural home remedies for acne scars and dark spots include the use of various herbs and fruits. This treatment method is not only easy and cheap, but is also safe as they don?t leave any harmful chemicals on the skin.
That being said, the use of natural ingredients to treat acne scars and dark spots should not be seen as a quick fix treatment as it can take some time before seeing any improvement.
Natural home remedies to get rid of acne scars
Following are some home remedies that can be employed to get rid of acne scars naturally.
- Lemon juice: Lemon contains many chemical compounds such as citric acid that gives the fruit its potent properties. For one, the fruit can help in lightening the skin tone. Even more, the presence of vitamin C in lemon also helps in the production of collagen, which is essential for healthy skin. To get rid of acne scars using lemon juice, use a swab of cotton wool to apply fresh lemon juice on the scars and leave for some time. Wash the skin after the time.
- Tomatoes: Ripe tomatoes are loaded with several antioxidants such as carotenes, which stimulate the growth and repair of cells. Use a blender to crush some ripe tomatoes slices and apply the pulp on your face. Wash off the pulp after about 20 minutes.
- Egg white: The white part of an egg may also be used in getting rid of acne scars. Eggs are rich in protein which helps to lighten the skin tone. For the best result, it is recommended that you apply the whites on the scars and leave over the night.
- Garlic: The antimicrobial properties of garlic make it an appropriate solution for acne scars. All you need to do is to cut some fresh garlic cloves and use them to massage the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a common kitchen ingredient and contains myriad compounds including curcumin, its main compound. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of turmeric make it an ideal solution for acne scars. Pour some teaspoons of turmeric powder in a half-filled cup of warm water to form a paste. Apply the paste on the affected areas to treat the scars.
- Olive oil: Massaging the skin with olive oil can help in the treatment of acne scars as well as in preventing the occurrence of acne on the skin. The reason behind this is the fact that olive oil contains many antioxidants that benefit the skin.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera is a skin-friendly herbal plant which can also be useful in treating acne scars. To get the best from this herb, cut some fresh aloe vera leaves and using a spoon scoop the gel. Apply the aloe vera gel on the affected area(s) and leave for about 30 minutes before rinsing off with water. Do this twice daily to get the best result.
- Tea tree oil: This oil extracted from the leaves of the Tea tree is loaded with beneficial substances. Tea tree oil has antibacterial properties that help in combating the pathogens that cause the acne. The anti-inflammatory effect of this oil also helps in reducing the inflammation associated with acne. Mix a few drops of the oil with a face wash and apply on the acne scars.
- Potato slices: Get a small potato tuber and cut into slices. Rub a slice of the potato on the acne scars and wash off after about 20 minutes. The underlying principle behind this is that potato contains many chemical compounds including those that help in treating skin discoloration.
- Strawberry leaves: The leaves of the strawberry tree have been found to help in getting rid of pimples on the face.
- Shea butter: Shea butter is commonly used by women to get rid of stretch marks. This can also be applied to acne marks. Shea butter can help to brighten dark skin and is also moisturizing. For optimum results, it is advised that raw unfiltered shea butter is used as the nutritional content is still in place.
- Coconut oil: The oil from coconut is a common ingredient for many skin care products. This oil has a moisturizing effect on the skin when applied and also helps in promoting the healing of wounds. For treating acne scars, apply the oil on the affected area and wash using a face wash after some time.
- Baking soda: Rubbing a mixture of baking soda and water can help to get rid of acne scars. The baking soda helps to get rid of dead skin cells on the face that clog the pores of the skin leading to acne.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has astringent properties that promote healing. For the purpose of treating acne scars, add a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to warm water and apply on the scars.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is rich in many vitamins and minerals including magnesium, which is beneficial to the skin. Get a fresh cucumber and cut into slices. Place the slices on the acne scars and leave for about half an hour before rinsing.
- Honey: Applying a teaspoonful of honey on the scarred skin can help to make the scar fade away. Honey is a treasure trove of many medicinal properties and also helps to keep the skin moisturized.
- Sandalwood: Like apple cider vinegar, sandalwood has astringent properties that benefit the skin. This wood herb can be used for treating acne scars by mixing its oil with water and applying on the acne scars.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek, also known as Greek clover, is another common herb used in treating acne scars. To this effect, add some fenugreek seeds in boiling water and allow to cool. When cool, use a cotton ball or the fingers to apply the mixture on the scars. Another equally effective method is by crushing the leaves of the fenugreek tree and mixing with a very little amount of water to form a paste and applying on the face.
Pimple dark spots
This type of dark spots is formed when a pimple (a symptom of acne) is infected with bacteria and leaves a dark spot after popping.
Natural home remedies to get rid of pimple dark spots
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice and yogurt can be used in treating pimple dark spots from the skin. Lemon has bleaching properties while yogurt helps in detoxifying the body of toxins that can lead to acne. Mixing lemon juice and yogurt is thus, an effective solution for the dark spots that arise from popping pimples.
- Oatmeal: You can prepare an oatmeal face mask by mixing oatmeal and lemon juice. This mixture is not only effective in getting rid of dark spots, but is also beneficial in removing acne marks on the face. Rub the mixture on the affected areas and then, scrub gently. This should be done at least twice each week to get maximum results.
- Papaya: Papaya contains papain, an enzyme that is responsible for the fruit?s many medicinal properties. The presence of papain in papaya is useful in getting rid of pimple dark spots. To make this happen, get a ripe papaya fruit and scoop some pulp and apply on the dark spots. Wash the pulp after about 15 minutes on the face.
- Vitamin E oil and castor oil: Vitamin E helps in wound-healing and so, can help in getting the darkened skin back to normal. For this purpose, apply a mixture of vitamin E oil and castor oil on the affected spots and wash after some time.
- Buttermilk and tomato juice: Buttermilk contains powerful compounds such as lactic acid that is beneficial in removing dead skin cells from the skin. Tomato, on the other hand, has bleaching effects that help in brightening the skin tone. When you add this two, then, what you get is an effective remedy for your dark spots.
- Horseradish: Applying horseradish paste on the skin can help to brighten the tone. Facial blemishes like dark spots can be effectively treated by using this root plant. Do this twice daily and watch how your skin is transformed within some months.
- Orange peel: While it is easy for everyone to discard the peel of orange, people who have skin problems like acne and dark spots should not. Interestingly, orange peel is rich in vitamin C, even more than the pulp. Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen in the skin which is required for healthy glowing skin. To use orange peels for removing dark spots, dry them in the sun and grind into powder, then, mix with yogurt and apply on the face. Wash the face mask with water after about 30 minutes.
- Aloe vera: Like with acne scars, aloe vera can also be used in treating dark spots. This remedy can be prepared by drying aloe vera gel for about 5 minutes and consequently adding some drops of lemon juice. When done, apply the mixture on the affected skin areas and leave for about 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
- Sweet almond oil: This oil is not only nourishing as it is packed with essential nutrients for the skin, but can also help to lighten dark spots on the skin. Massaging the affected skin areas with sweet almond oil is an easy way of treating pimple dark spots. Besides, the nourishing effect of the oil helps to stimulate cell regeneration to fasten the spot-clearing process.